Formerly called Binocsucan, Calinog was founded in 1742. It became an independent parish in 1767 and the present church was built in 1874. The facade is similar with the facades of the churches in the northernmost part of Iloilo, except for Passi.
Made of yellowish limestones, the only departure of this church from its “alikes” are the belfries. Read More from Lingganay, a Collection of Iloilo’s Heritage Churches by Giancarlo Parcon Alvarez.