As a coastal city and major transportation gateway, Iloilo is well connected by ferry connections to major islands and cities in the Philippines. Regularly scheduled direct ferries to Iloilo seaports are available from Manila, Cebu, Bacolod, Cagayan de Oro, Palawan, and Guimaras. Traveling to Iloilo from other major destinations in the country is also possible through a combination of roll-on roll-off (RORO) ferries and land connections.
Travel time to Iloilo City by direct ferry varies depending on the shipping company and boat / vessel that operates the route but it should take around 15 minutes from Guimaras, 1 to 1.5 hours from Bacolod, 12 to 14 hours from Cebu, and up to 27 hours from Manila.
Ferries arrive and depart at various seaports in Iloilo City or in the province depending on the destination and shipping company. Major seaports in Iloilo include the Iloilo Domestic Port, Iloilo River Wharf, and Dumangas Port. All seaports within Iloilo City can be easily reached by taxi or jeepney.
Iloilo Domestic Port — Commonly known as Fort San Pedro, the Iloilo Domestic Port is the primary passenger seaport for large shipping lines that offer direct ferry routes from Manila, Cebu, and Cagayan de Oro. It is located along Fort San Pedro Drive along
Iloilo River Wharf — Newly transferred to the Lapuz District side of the Iloilo River, this seaport hosts passenger terminals for Iloilo-Bacolod fastcrafts and RORO ferries bound for Guimaras and Palawan.
Dumangas Port — Iloilo-Bacolod RORO ferries depart from Dumangas Port, located 24 kilometers from Iloilo City in the town of Dumangas. Travel time from Iloilo City to Dumangas Port takes around 30 minutes by van or jeepney.
Ortiz Wharf — Services passenger pumpboats plying between Jordan Wharf, Guimaras and Iloilo City. Ortiz Wharf is the primary gateway to beaches and tourist spots in Jordan and Nueva Valencia in Guimaras. It is situated at the far end of Ortiz Street in Iloilo City Proper.
Parola Wharf — Services passenger pumpboats plying between Buenavista Wharf, Guimaras and Iloilo City. Found at the mouth of the Iloilo River, it is located along Fort San Pedro Drive, Iloilo City Proper.
Guimaras-Iloilo Ferry Terminal — Upon completion this new terminal will serve as a centralized seaport for all passenger pumpboat ferry routes between Iloilo and Guimaras and is planned to replace the ports in Ortiz and Parola. It can be found beside the Parola Wharf, along Fort San Pedro Drive, Iloilo City Proper.
Estancia Municipal Fishing Port — Services passenger pumpboats to various islands in Estancia and Carles in Northern Iloilo. It also operates a direct pumpboat ferry connection from Bantayan Island, Cebu.
Bancal Port, Carles — Services passenger pumpboats to Gigantes Norte Island in Carles.
Culasi Port, Ajuy — Services passenger pumpboats from Daan Banwa Port, Victorias City in Negros Occidental.
Routes and Schedules
Prices and schedules posted below may change without prior notice. We advise you to get in touch with the ferry operators directly to confirm timetables and rates. A list of ferry operators and their contact information are posted at the end of this article.
Bacolod – Iloilo – This ferry route is one of the busiest in the Philippines. The fastest and most convenient option to travel between Iloilo and Bacolod is by fastcraft ferry. Multiple fastcraft companies operate daily trips from sunrise to sundown. Travel time takes 1 to 1.5 hours. The Iloilo-Bacolod fastcrafts depart from the Iloilo River Wharf (Lapuz side) in Iloilo City and BREDCO Pier in Bacolod City. There are also RORO ferry services to Bacolod that operate from Dumangas Port. Travel time between Iloilo and Bacolod by RORO takes around 2 to 3 hours.
|Iloilo Seaport||Bacolod Seaport||Vessel Type||Ferry Operator||Frequency / Schedule||Travel Time (Est.)|
|Iloilo River Wharf||BREDCO Pier||Fastcraft||SuperCat by 2GO Travel, Weesam Express, Oceanjet||Multiple trips daily. At least once every hour from 6AM to 5PM.||1-1.5 hours|
|Dumangas Port||BREDCO Pier||RORO||Montenegro, Millenium, Tri-Star MegaLink||Multiple trips daily. At least once every two hours. 24-hour service.||2-3 hours|
|Iloilo||BREDCO Pier||Ship||2GO Travel||Once a week||4 hours|
For commuting tips to Dumangas from Iloilo City, go to our Iloilo Bus and Jeepney Guide.
Manila – Iloilo
|Iloilo Seaport||Manila Seaport||Vessel Type||Ferry Operator||Frequency / Schedule||Travel Time (Est.)|
|Iloilo Domestic Port||Pier 4, Cebu Domestic Port||Ship||2GO Travel||3x Weekly||27 hours|
For information on traveling by RORO bus from Manila to Iloilo, go to our Iloilo Bus and Jeepney Guide.
Guimaras – Iloilo
|Iloilo Seaport||Guimaras Seaport||Vessel Type||Ferry Operator||Frequency / Schedule||Travel Time (Est.)|
|Ortiz Wharf||Jordan Wharf||Pumpboat||Various||Multiple trips daily. At least once every 15 minutes from 5:30AM to 7:30PM.||15 minutes|
|Parola Wharf||Buenavista Wharf||Pumpboat||Various||Multiple trips daily. At least once every 15 minutes from 5:30AM to 7:30PM.||15 minutes|
|Iloilo River Wharf||Jordan RORO Port||RORO||Montenegro, F.F. Cruz||At least once every two hours from 5AM to 6PM||45 minutes|
|Iloilo Seaport||Cebu Seaport||Vessel Type||Ferry Operator||Frequency / Schedule||Travel Time (Est.)|
|Iloilo Domestic Port||Cebu Domestic Port||Ship||Trans-Asia, Cokaliong||6 trips weekly||12 to 14 hours|
Traveling to Iloilo from Cebu is also possible by ferry+bus combination. There are no direct bus routes to Iloilo, passengers must break the journey into separate bus/ferry trips to cross from Cebu to Negros Island then finally Iloilo.
- Via San Carlos Port, Negros Occidental (faster)
- Cebu City to Toledo Port, Cebu (2 hours by bus or v-hire)
- Toledo Port to San Carlos City Port, Negros Occidental (1 hour by fastcraft, 2 hours by RORO)
- San Carlos City to Bacolod City via Don Salvador Benedicto (2.5 hours by bus)
- Bacolod City to Iloilo City (1 hour by fastcraft or 2 hours by RORO)
- Via Dumaguete City, Negros Oriental
- Cebu to Dumaguete City via Bato Port, Cebu and Amlan Port, Negros Oriental (4 to 5 hours)
- Dumaguete City to Bacolod City (6 hours by bus)
- Bacolod City to Iloilo City (1 hour by fastcraft or 2 hours by RORO)
Palawan – Iloilo — The RORO (roll-on roll-off) ferry from Iloilo City to Puerto Princesa takes up to 24 hours and includes a stopover in Cuyo Island.
|Iloilo Seaport||Palawan Seaport||Vessel Type||Ferry Operator||Frequency / Schedule||Travel Time (Est.)|
|Iloilo Domestic Port||Cuyo Port, Puerto Princesa Port||RORO||Montenegro, Milagrosa||4 trips weekly||up to 24 hours|
Cagayan de Oro – Iloilo
|Iloilo Seaport||Cagayan de Oro Seaport||Vessel Type||Ferry Operator||Frequency / Schedule||Travel Time (Est.)|
|Iloilo Domestic Port||Puntod Wharf||Ship||2GO Travel||Once per week||15 hours|
A list of ferry operators in Iloilo:
2GO Travel and Supercat
- Address: Fort San Pedro Drive, Arrastre Pier, PPA Terminal Building, Iloilo City
- Landline: (+63)(033) 336-2110 / 336-2778
- Mobile: (+63) 9172757873 / (+63) 9178892151
- Email: [email protected] / [email protected] / [email protected]
- Address: PPA Terminal Bldg, Fort San Pedro Drive, Iloilo City
- Landline: (+63)(033) 335 8833
- Fax: (+63)(033) 509 3333 / 509 3333
- Mobile: (+63) 927 5079898
- Website: http://www.cokaliongshipping.com/
F.F. Cruz Company, Inc.
- Address: Brgy. Loboc, La Paz, Iloilo CIty
- Guimaras Address: Brgy. Hosyn, Jordan, Guimaras
- Landline: (+63)(033) 336 4195 / 336 9329 / 300 6506
Jomalia Shipping Corp.
- Landline: (+63)(034) 434 2542
- Mobile: (+63) 910 2812082
Ocean Jet (Ocean Fast Ferries)
- Address: Muelle Loney St, Iloilo City Proper, Iloilo City
- Landline: (+63)(032) 255 7560 /255 0115
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: http://www.oceanjet.net/
Milagrosa Shipping Corporation
- Address: Jarfel Bldg, Brgy Lapuz Norte, Lapuz, Iloilo City
- Landline: (+63)(033) 335 0955 / 337 8627
- Landline: (+63)(034) 433 9360
- Mobile: (+63) 927 4691461
Montenegro Shipping Lines
- Address (Bacolod Office): BREDCO Pier, Reclamation Area, Bacolod City
- Landline: (+63)(034) 704 2322
- Email:[email protected] / [email protected]
- Website: http://www.montenegrolines.com.ph/
Tri-Star MegaLink Corp.
- Address: A 26-28, Capitol Shopping Center, Tindalo Avenue, Bacolod City, Negros Occidental
- Landline: (+63)(034) 422 6059
- Address (Head Office): M.J. Cuenco corner Osmeña Bvd., Cebu City
- Landline (Cebu): (+63)(032) 254-6491
- Landline (Iloilo): (+63)(032) 335-8499 / 509-9909 / 509-8808
- Email:[email protected]
- Website: http://www.transasiashipping.com/
- Address (Iloilo Office): Muelle Loney St, Iloilo City Proper, Iloilo City
- Landline: (+63)(033) 337-3282
- Mobile: (+63) 922 8660338 / 917 308 0711
- Website: http://www.weesamexpress.net/