Where the flag of the First Philippine Republic was raised in triumph after Spain surrendered Iloilo, her last capital in the islands, to the revolutionaries led by Gen. Martin Delgado on December 25, 1898.
Location: J.M. Basa – Dela Rama – Zamora St., Downtown, Iloilo City. It is bounded on one side by the San Jose Church (the first church built in the city of Iloilo), by the Iloilo City Hall on another, and some historical buildings like the Masonic Temple and a building now occupied by Landbank which used to be “Hotel de Iloilo.” Available transport: Jeepney, Taxi
Plaza Libertad is downtown Iloilo’s plaza. It used to be the center of activity of the whole city of Iloilo during its heyday. The place where the Ilonggos of the past liesurely spent their afternoon in the entertainment of live bands.