Alimodian Church
The Alimodian Church was first constructed in 1787 by Fr. Florencio Martin. The structure became famous because of its artistic belfry, which used to be one of the tallest among churches in Iloilo and Negros. Although the belfry had survived three earthquakes (1787, 1869, 1887), the 1948 earthquake called Lady Kaykay contributed to the collapse of its second and third levels.

Alimodian Church

The Alimodian Church is made of limestone and its architecture has a neoclassic inspiration. Strange openings/holes of unknown purpose can be found in different areas of the church. A blatantly dominating part of the church is its dome, which is a recent addition.

Alimodian Church

Beside the Church is its convent, which used to stretch until the edge of the town plaza. Aside from the belfry, the 1948 earthquake also led to the collapse of the church convent’s second level, it is currently being reconstructed by the church parish.

Alimodian Church

Between the Alimodian Church and its convent is a beautiful landscaped mini garden utilized for receptions for weddings, parties and other celebrations. At the far side of the garden is the grotto of our Lady, an attraction of the Alimodian Church, which speaks of Alimodiananon’s devotion to Mary.

Alimodian Church

The Alimodian Church can be found right beside the Church Plaza. Click Here to know how to get to Alimodian.

Alimodian Church
The Alimodian Church was first constructed in 1787 by Fr. Florencio Martin. The structure became famous because of its artistic belfry, which used to be one of the tallest among churches in Iloilo and Negros. Although the belfry had survived three earthquakes (1787, 1869, 1887), the 1948 earthquake called Lady Kaykay contributed to the collapse of its second and third levels.

Alimodian Church

The Alimodian Church is made of limestone and its architecture has a neoclassic inspiration. Strange openings/holes of unknown purpose can be found in different areas of the church. A blatantly dominating part of the church is its dome, which is a recent addition.

Alimodian Church

Beside the Church is its convent, which used to stretch until the edge of the town plaza. Aside from the belfry, the 1948 earthquake also led to the collapse of the church convent’s second level, it is currently being reconstructed by the church parish.

Alimodian Church

Between the Alimodian Church and its convent is a beautiful landscaped mini garden utilized for receptions for weddings, parties and other celebrations. At the far side of the garden is the grotto of our Lady, an attraction of the Alimodian Church, which speaks of Alimodiananon’s devotion to Mary.

Alimodian Church

The Alimodian Church can be found right beside the Church Plaza. Click Here to know how to get to Alimodian.